Now Playing: CamSpace beta 8.0

by admin
Published on: February 12, 2009
Categories: site news
Tags: No Tags
Comments: 19 Comments

A few days ago, CamSpace Beta 8.0 hit the streets, bringing a greatly-improved gaming experience!

We’ve got a lot of new goodies wrapped up in the new package. Among the many changes:

• Highly-improved stability and performance
  • New graphical interface
  • DirectX drawing (should be much faster on most systems)
  • Game gallery
  • Flash game support
  • Improved API and scripting
  • … and much more!

Ready to get going? Check out the download page and start experiencing games like never before!

19 Comments
  1. Matt says:

Any news on the Mac Version?

2. Lemo says:

That looks really cool.
    I wish I could use it with Linux :

3. Ivan says:

It there any kind of achievements in Linux You do? Would you do a compiz-fusion plugin with your functions?

4. Linuxoid Noob Ivanoff says:

Would You notify me with Linux version release?
    I do not think that Mac OS users are better than Linux ones.

5. please, CamSpace for Linux..!!!!

6. megaPoio says:

Your project is really interesting, and really fun! I tried it with some car games, and this is really excellent! Now I want a new webcam, because mine is really too bad. Nevertheless, even with that poor cam, it works! I hope you’ll get the success you deserve, because such an idea could transform PC into improved Wii!

7. Zenitur says:

Need be ported on Linux

8. A successful blog needs unique, useful content that interests the readers

9. Cornelius says:

Thank you! You often write very interesting articles. You improved my mood.

10. babafisa says:

Thank you very much for that glorious article

11. Amazing article, lots of intersting things to digest. Very informative

12. meniakoff says:

I need help. I am using Linux and can not start your application. Could you help me with that?

13. Tom Harris says:

Great idea but I just downloaded it (v. 8.6 according to home page) and, though the server started, running the program just froze the PC. Would really like to see this work – also if it’s a beta, where’s the bug tracking?

I tried it on a PC with the following (not the strongest, but met the installer-stated requirements):

18GB HD with 2GB free
    a4tech webcam
    XP2002SP2
    Pentium 4 2.4GHz
    992MB RAM

Camspace people, please give us a response!

14. Shminow says:

I hope the camspace can support multi-touch for gesture hand. That would be funny,as surface computer….)

15. Mateus says:

Linux Version pleasee!
    ;)

16. Hawt Man says:

Uhmm hi guys i have a problem, when i run CamSpace it says camspace has encountered a problem and needs to close we are very sorry for the inconvnience… and so on.
    So how to fix? :S